Rosalie has practiced meditation and yoga since 1993. She completed a five-year Master’s degree, with distinction, in Teaching Mindfulness-Based Approaches at Bangor University in 2011. She was awarded a prize for being the top-performing Masters’ student of her year. She now spends her time teaching Mindfulness-based programmes, supervising trainees, and new and experienced mindfulness teachers, mentoring new and experienced meditators and offering training with The Mindfulness Network CIC and further afield in Europe. She is an Insight Dialogue meditation teacher and teaches retreats internationally as well as teaching the Interpersonal Mindfulness programme. She is a certified Focusing practitioner and Work That Reconnects facilitator.
- B.A Hons English Literature, University of London ( 1992)
- Scaravelli Yoga Teacher Training ( 2005 – 2007)
- M.A Teaching Mindfulness-based Approaches (2006 – 2011)
- Certificate in Teacher Competence (2005) Bangor University, CMRP
- Mindfulness-based Supervision (2012) Bangor University, CMRP
- Interpersonal Mindfulness Programme (2013) University of Massachusetts Medical School and The Metta Foundation
- Mindfulness-based Interventions Teacher Rating Scale training (2016) CMRP
- Training The Trainer, CMRP (2017)
- Certified Focusing Practitioner training (2023)
- Certified Work That Reconnects Facilitator (2023)
- MBSR for general populations
- MBSR one-to-one
- MBSR distance learning
- Mindful movement
- Personal Practice Mentoring
- Relational mindfulness/enquiry
- Mindfulness & wider systemic issues
- Teaching on Zoom
I have been supervising mindfulness teachers since 2013. You can read more about my approach to supervision in my blog post for the Mindfulness Network: https://home.mindfulness-network.org/disturb-the-comfortable-and-comfort-the-disturbed-cindy-cooper I also keep a blog on my website where you can find more of my writing.
1-hour individual session – £65 or block of 3 sessions £165 (£55 per session)
½ hour individual session – £35
If cost is prohibitive, please do get in touch to discuss. I am committed to offering supervision and mentoring that is accessible to all.
Please see our Supervision FAQs for more details on the cost of supervision.
My meditation and yoga practice began in 1993. The combination of both has evolved into a somatically informed approach to both my personal/teaching practice. I practice Focusing, which supports and enhances my capacity for depth inquiry and the development of insight arising from the non-verbal aspects of experience. I am also an Insight Dialogue (Relational Meditation) retreat teacher. This particular strand of practice informs my way of being, in relationship with myself, others, and the world at large. Each of these modalities, meditation, movement, and relationality combine in my work and practice, as an emphasis on embodied relational presence.
Over time the range of my practice has expanded to include the wider issues of our time social/climate justice and the climate crisis. I am particularly interested in how personal practice intersects with the wider world and the difficulties we face as a species. I have trained to offer The Work That Reconnects a psycho-educational approach aimed at supporting people in turning towards these challenges. This work feels like a maturing of practice, allowing me to experience my entanglement within the greater world of which we all are a part.
Research Activities and Interests
- The pedagogy of mindfulness
- The shaping role of language within mindfulness teaching
- Embodiment, the centrality of the body as a medium of awareness
- Relationality and the role of empathy in teaching mindfulness
- Mindfulness and compassion meeting the challenges of our times.
Rosalie’s website – www.optimalliving.co.uk