The principle strands of my working life – mindfulness teacher and supervisor, and psychotherapist/counsellor – are underpinned by a personal meditation practice going back to the late 80s, informed by a commitment to the value of inquiry and self-inquiry, and inspired by the potential of mindfulness to change lives.
I’ve taught since 2006 – principally MBCT (also MBSR and ‘MBCT/MBSR hybrid’) to general populations – and have supervised since 2013. I also provide mentoring for specific mindfulness projects and am based in London.
I’m specifically interested in how body-based awareness, and self-compassion, function through mindfulness teachers as experiential learning for our course participants, with inquiry being central to these processes. I have a long-standing personal yoga practice and commitment to exploring mindfulness through movement.
I have a particular interest in the role of groups in communicating mindfulness-based approaches and supporting, deepening and inspiring practice. Groups I facilitate include a monthly mindfulness-based group in north London for health professionals, teachers, therapists and others committed to bringing mindfulness into their work. I’m a member of an ongoing group for trainers, facilitators and therapists run by Gaie Houston, author of ‘The Little Red Book of Groups.’
As well as stand-alone practice days and eight-week courses, I run three-week top-up courses designed to support people in expanding and deepening their mindfulness practice. I also offer inquiry workshops for mindfulness teachers and trainee teachers.
- BAMBA list for Mindfulness-based Teachers
- Mindfulness Supervision Training, Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP), 2012 and 2013
- post-graduate training in group facilitation, 2012
- Mindfulness-based Approaches, Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP), Bangor, 2010 (distinction in Mindfulness and Individual Therapy)
- Counselling (Psychosynthesis), 2010; MBACP 2011 (accreditation pending)
- Teacher Development Training retreats, CMRP, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Breathworks Mindfulness-based Pain Management teacher training 2005-2007
- first-class honours degree and MA
- MBCT for general populations
- follow-up courses and stand-alone practice days
- inquiry workshops for mindfulness teachers and trainee teachers
- specific interest in body-based awareness, mindful self-compassion and group dynamics
- trained in MBI-TAC, CMRP, 2012, 2013 (Cindy Cooper, Jody Mardula)
- offered supervision since 2013
- mentoring for specific mindfulness projects
- MBCT for general populations (experienced teachers and teachers in training)
- specific interests: body-based awareness, self-compassion, group process, inquiry
- supporting/mentoring experienced teachers to develop one-off mindfulness projects
- monthly mindfulness-based group for health professionals, teachers, therapists and others committed to bringing mindfulness into their work (north London)
1 hour individual session – £50-£60
½ hour individual session – £25-£35
Please see our Supervision FAQs for more details on the cost of supervision.
The recognition that an established meditation practice had helped me manage chronic ill-health inspired me to embark on mindfulness teacher training. The working edges of my own practice are continually refined through supporting others – course participants, supervisees – in integrating practice with self-care and with the challenges of everyday life.
My practice is deepened and enriched through regular Buddhist retreats of up to three months’ duration. I’ve led and co-led retreats since 2009.