I have worked full-time in the mindfulness field since 2009, and have led 120+ eight-week courses (MBSR/MBCT) with general public groups in London, Sussex and online via Zoom. I also run introductory workshops and drop-in sessions, graduate courses, retreats and one-to one training. I have introduced mindfulness in around 60 organisations (public, private and third sectors), offering everything from workplace taster sessions to eight-week courses. I am a trustee and former co-director of the Mindfulness Initiative, which supports the Mindfulness All-Party Parliamentary Group (MAPPG) and have taught mindfulness to MPs and their staff.
I was previously a journalist and came to mindfulness through my experiences of working with anxiety and depression. As well as teaching, I have written three mindfulness books. I began supervising in 2017 and work with newer and more experienced mindfulness teachers who offer public courses and workplace training.
- MBCT- Finding Peace In A Frantic World Teacher Training, Oxford Mindfulness Centre
- Supervision Training, Centre For Mindfulness Research and Practice
- MBCT For Life Teacher Training, Oxford Mindfulness Centre
- Taking It Further 8-Week Course Teacher Training, Oxford Mindfulness Centre
- Mindfulness-Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher Training – Institute For Mindfulness-Based Approaches (IMA)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Retreats 1 and 2, Centre For Mindfulness Research and Practice, Bangor
- Nourishing Parents 8-week Mindfulness Course Teacher Training, Tavistock Centre
- Certificate In The Fundamentals of Psychotherapy and Counselling, Centre For Counselling and Psychotherapy Education
- MA History, Emmanuel College, Cambridge
I’ve worked as a supervisor for 5+ years, working with a range of trainee and more experienced teachers.
- Mindfulness training for the general public (MBSR/MCBT, MBCT-For Life, Finding Peace In A Frantic World, Graduate Courses and Groups, Retreats, 1-2-1 teaching and mentoring)
- Workplace mindfulness training
- Online teaching via Zoom
1 hour individual session – £60
½ hour individual session – £35
I offer a monthly supervision group for 4-6 mindfulness teachers with a usual price of £30 per session for 1½ hours (4 people) or 2 hours (6 people). If you are interested in joining this group, please contact me.
Please see our Supervision FAQs for more details on the cost of supervision.
I began practising meditation in 2001 during a period of anxiety and depression and found it transformative – a practical way of understanding and working with my mind that no other approach had offered. Inspired by this, I continued to cultivate a regular practice and began exploring longer retreats. This exploration included living for a year at a meditation retreat centre, soon after which I began training as a mindfulness teacher. After 20+ years of practice, I continue to be amazed by the patterns of my human mind, and how watching them with awareness and kindness can bring degrees of insight and liberation that have radically changed the way I experience and live life.
Research Activities and Interests
As a generalist, I am interested in and enjoy keeping up with all aspects of mindfulness research.
Into The Heart of Mindfulness, Piatkus (2016)
Mindful Nation UK Report, Mindfulness All-Party Parliamentary Group (2015), as co-editor
Mindfulness: How To Live Well By Paying Attention, Hay House (2015)
The Mindful Manifesto, Hay House (2010), co-authored with Dr Jonty Heaversedge
Be Mindful Report, Mental Health Foundation (2010)
For further information, please see https://edhalliwell.com/