I am currently employed by the University of Exeter as Lead Tutor on the Postgraduate Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapies and Approaches Programmes. I also work as a mindfulness-based cognitive therapist and cognitive behaviour research therapist in the AccEPT clinic embedded at the university. In addition, I train, supervise and assess trainees on our IAPT mindfulness teacher training programme and Supervised Pathway.
Prior to this, I worked as a cognitive behaviour therapist in the NHS teaching MBSR to people with long-term health conditions, for stress and in recovery from anxiety disorders. I began my career as a Probation Officer specialising in CBT programmes with the National Probation Service between 1992 and 2008.
- I trained as a mindfulness teacher on a supervised pathway at Exeter University (2012/3) with Willem Kuyken, Alison Evans, Christina Feldman, Jenny Wilks and Desiree Hansson
- MA Social Work (Probation) Exeter University 1997. I wrote my thesis on working with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse in the criminal justice system.
- Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (1997)
- Postgraduate Diploma in High Intensity Therapies at Exeter University 2010 (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)
- British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists Accredited Therapist
Teaching Training Specialisms
- Postgraduate Certificate, Diploma and NHS Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapies and Approaches
- MBSR for the general public and in youth offending settings
- I have worked on a feasibility study exploring the acceptability and efficacy of MBCT for people who had not responded to CBT for depression.
I am currently providing mindfulness-based supervision to NHS therapists in mindfulness teacher training at Exeter University.
I have completed Supervision Training with Cindy Cooper and Alison Evans, and MBI:TAC training with Rebecca Crane.
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapies
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction in clinical settings, and with the general public and in a youth justice setting.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
1 hour individual session – £50-£60
½ hour individual session – £25-£35
I offer groups in blocks of 4 sessions with 4-6 people (minimum 4), with a usual price of £120 per person for 1 ½ hours (4 people) and £80 per person (6 people) for all 4 sessions. If you are interested in Group Supervision please contact email@example.com.
Please see our Supervision FAQs for more details on the cost of supervision.
I practised Transcendental Meditation from the age of eighteen and have also practised Hatha Yoga throughout my adult life. I established a daily mindfulness practice in 2011, which is supported by regular mindfulness-based supervision.
I sit MBSR/MBCT weeklong and four-day retreats at Gaia House with Christina Feldman, John Peacock, Chris Cullen, Jenny Wilkes and Akincano M Weber to nourish my practice and teaching. I participated in the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Mindfulness in the Criminal Justice Service in 2014.