Until August 2016, I was Director of Ministerial Business and Parliamentary Accountability at the UK Department of Health (DH) and Chair of the DH Staff Health and Wellbeing programme. After training to teach MBSR and MBCT at both Bangor and Oxford, I personally introduced Mindfulness to over 3,000 colleagues at DH and across the UK Civil Service. I contributed to the Mindful Nation UK report and continue as an external Advisor to the UK Mindfulness Initiative (MI). I served the Oxford Mindfulness Centre (OMC) as a member of the Board of Trustees from 2015-2020 and I continue to serve as the Portugal Country Lead, OMC Operations Manager and Mindfulness Teacher, Trainer and Supervisor.
· Teacher Trainer, Oxford Mindfulness Centre
· Taking it Further, Teacher Training Oxford Mindfulness Centre
· Mindfulness for Life (MBCT-L) Teacher Training, Oxford Mindfulness Centre
· Finding Peace in a Frantic World Teacher Training, Oxford Mindfulness Centre
· MBCT Teacher Training, Oxford Mindfulness Centre
· MBSR /MBCT Teacher Training, Bangor CMRP
· MBIs in workplace settings
· Mindfulness for Life (MBCT-L) Teacher Training
· I trained as a Supervisor with the Mindfulness Network
· MBI-TAC training with the Mindfulness Network
· I have been supervising for 3 years and have specialized in supervising Mindfulness for Life/MBSR/MBCT teachers-in-training and newly trained teachers.
· Mindfulness for Life (MBCT-L)
· Finding Peace
I offer a package of supervision support based on 8 x group supervision sessions and 2 x 1 hour individual / video sessions (2 hours total) for an up-front package price of £250.
Group Supervision sessions run weekly for between 30-60 minutes for a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 5 people.
We can discuss your supervision requirements in the initial contact session once your application has been received.
1 hour individual session – £50-£60
½ hour individual session – £25-£35
Please see our Supervision FAQs for more details on the cost of supervision.
My daily personal practice mirrors whatever teaching I am delivering plus regular (4-5 times a week) early morning mindful movement. I attend at least annual retreats either in the Algarve where I live or in the UK. I have spent two of the last 5 winters in India for Yoga teacher training.
I have a particular interest in promoting and Supporting Integrity in Teaching and Training and in 2018 established a formal monthly “SiTT” group in Portugal to facilitate networking and training, alongside an annual “good practice” retreat for Portuguese mindfulness teachers.
In addition to Teaching, Training and Supervising I have a part-time role as Operations Manager at the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.